Tuesday 8 July 2014

"Margaret Pizza"

Today I had a day out in Manchester and it came to that time of the day where my stomach made itself known. I was hungry. I needed food and what better way to provide said food than through an all-you-can-eat buffet.

I had been recommend to try "Tops Buffet Restaurant". I was told the food is really good and there is an amazing choice. I was hoping it would compete with "Red Hot World Buffet", which is really good.

First impressions were good. The restaurant looked tidy and clean and the entrance and front desk looked really good. It was a big contrast to the chart music that was playing throughout the restaurant. You pay for your food before you enter and before you know what the food is like but as it's a buffet you don't have to actually choose what you are going to eat before you sit down. You also pay for you drinks as you order them, there is no bill.

Having been to Red Hot a few times I know to expect that some of the dishes may not be piping hot and fresh out of the kitchen as they may not be as popular so the turn around is slower. However, I don't, under any circumstances, expect the food to be barely lukewarm or even stone cold. It wasn't just one of two dishes. Every starter I tried was stone cold, with the exception of the spring rolls that were lukewarm, even the chicken was barely lukewarm!

I thought I might have just been very unlucky so moved onto the mains. I decided to start with Italian food and, as it was the lunch time sitting and not all the dishes were on offer, this consisted of only pizza. No pasta, only pizza. The garlic bread wasn't even available! They had also labeled the Margherita pizza as "Margaret Pizza", although if I was called Margaret I would be offended! The pizzas I chose were yet again barely lukewarm and the chips (from the starter section?) were stone cold. This was enough. I didn't want to try anything else.

As we complained someone who was sat on the table next to us agreed with us saying that the food was cold and that she hadn't eaten anything other than ice cream, which was cold thankfully. The member of staff investigated and we were told the starters were at least above 70°C. The food was definitely not to that temperature. Luckily we got our money back but I worry others wouldn't. Some people only getting a voucher for one free lunch sitting during the week. That wouldn't be used!

I definitely would not recommend this buffet restaurant to anyone. It was not good at all. I left with my stomach still hungry for food and so proceeded to the Arndale food court where I had half a "Margherita" pizza, that this time was hot, and actually got a slice of garlic bread. Teamed with chips and a drink at under £5. Bargain!

No comments :

Post a Comment