Tuesday 4 February 2014

Start of a blog

So this is it. The start of my blog. A blog of no context other than day to day happenings. Anything could appear. Life events, thoughts, tips... anything.

What goes into a first blog post?

A bit of background information?

I'm an A-Level student currently in my second year studying towards my final exams to allow me to progress to university. My studies take priority so this blog might dry up towards my exams. I'm from the north of England where it's breakfast, dinner and tea. My music tastes range from Imagine Dragons to Disclosure with a dash of The Police thrown in for good measure. I'm not a gamer or a fan of sports or even a "lad". Really I'd consider myself a decent, hopefully outgoing person in my late teens with high hopes for the future.

Reasons for starting this blog?

I originally wanted to set up a YouTube channel so I could vlog. However, I don't have a camera that is decent enough for the videos to be watchable. My little compact pocket digital camera, which is great for stills, does claim to shoot HD video but didn't live up to its claims even with good lighting. Disappointing really. So, my idea is to set up a blog, this blog, to allow me to document and share my thoughts and any other content that I would have wanted to put into a YouTube video. If I do acquire a decent camera I can use the content from this blog to create my first videos.

The origins of my blog title?

"Steamy Panini" does have a backstory. To cut a long story short, in college a couple of friends and I ended up having a conversation about paninis which ended in the phrase "Steamy Panini" being said. I decided that I would use that as my username for various social networks.

An idea of what my content will be like?

I hope it comes across as being lighthearted and in some cases relatable. As I've mentioned already, it will consist of anything including some of my observations, tips and thoughts.

I hope that I continue to update this blog and hope even more that I can use this to start a YouTube channel.

No comments :

Post a Comment